Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dream job


So my "dream job" title is: "wife, mother, homemaker, prayer warrior, choir director, praise singer, child of the Most High God." I cannot say that I have had significant impact on the lives of a great number of people. However, I can say that God has blessed me immeasurably in my children who are all honest, hard working, resourceful, creative, intelligent and God fearing. I believe I am truly loved and appreciated by my family and friends, God's people who are my co-laborers.
from "I yuv you, dwamma," BaylyBlog, 11January2010

Do read the entire piece.
That bit quote is from a larger piece that was on the Bayly brothers blog earlier this week.  It gave me start, because it was almost as though I was reading my own story.  (well, except that part about "praise singer."  I am, but strictly in the corporate setting!)

Through the wonder of Facebook, I've recently come in contact with many old friends, many from high school and college, many that I have not seen or spoken to "in real life" for many, many years.  It is fun to "see" people, to briefly renew old relationships, to see what folks are doing, to see how their kids resemble them, and such and such. 

I wasn't especially "popular" in high school, although I was pretty well known, I suppose.  I was active in a zillion clubs and activities.  Later I realized that was mostly to escape being at home in some very tumultous years.  I had several really good friends and many acquaintances.  I did many things I regretted, both immediately and even now, things for which the statute of limitations might not ever be reached (except between me and my God and my husband).  I was foolish. (oh, and I still am, in so many ways!)  Despite all that, somehow I was voted "Most Likely to Succeed." 

So, sometimes I wonder what those folks think when they see my Facebook profile, and read about someone who describes herself as a "sojourner, grateful for grace."  I am.  And I am.  I'm not worried about what they think; I just wonder.  And just as the writer speaks, I don't want to critique the paths that others have been led down.  I have enough problems trying to walk in obedience on the path the Lord is directing me!  It is, perhaps, a different path than others expected.  Truth be known, it's a different path than I expected!  But it is a path that I'm abundantly grateful to be on.

This little piece reminds me that there are others that wonder too.  But, mostly, it reminds me of the wonder of grace.  And of the wonder of being "confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."  (Phil. 1:6)

art credit:  Jetaime, Mae and Bebe series, KatHannah at Etsy.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I praise HIM for His defining us. You have and you will succeed...by HIS grace.-- Phil 1:6-- Love ya, friend!