Friday, July 1, 2011

Full Moon Rising

"It's dawning, my full moon rising: I was lost but know I am found again, Jesus, and I know what I want: to see deeply, to thank deeply, to feel joy deeply. How my eyes see, perspective, is my key to enter into His gates. I can only do so with thanksgiving. If my inner eye has God seeping up through all things, then can't I give thanks for anything? And if I can give thanks for the good things, the hard things, the absolute everything, I can enter the gates to glory. Living in His presence is fullness of joy -- and seeing shows the way in.

The art of deep seeing makes gratitude possible. And it is the art of gratitude that makes joy possible. Isn't joy the art of God?

It's true! What that ancient man Irenaeus, very disciple of the apostle John, wrote: 'The glory of God is the human being fully alive and the life of the human consists in beholding God.' ...And I am fully alive beholding GOD!" ~ Ann Voskamp, one thousand gifts, pg 118

2 comments:

caron said...

am reading through this slowly, stella. slowly...on purpose!

Anonymous said...

Just saw this. Caron, hope you are savoring each word, sister. I would love to hear your thoughts.